Monday, March 10, 2014

New Skills, More Work!

A few years ago, I wrote about my joining oDesk with only a handful of skills BUT I found a way to change that. I applied for jobs that required me to do more digging on the Internet, jobs that required me to watch videos, gather information from different websites, and interact with my bosses more often. Because of these projects, I've learned new things! I've improved my grammar and have learned to write better. I've become more efficient and more resourceful as a researcher. I have grown more confident of what I can do and I became a person of value to my employers. You know what else I've gained from having such a desire to learn? I have gotten a LOT more work both from previous and current clients.

That said, I would like to do a new blog series some time soon, one that would tackle the issue of newbies not being able to compete with other oDesk freelancers. Why? Because they don't have work history and having no work history means lesser chances of getting hired!

Keep checking my blog! I'll see to it that you get firsthand tips from who else but the freelancers themselves. I've met some really friendly folks both online and offline who would be more than happy to share their oDesk experiences.

More about this soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

How to Sign up

If you are interested to become a freelancer, just click my referral banner and you will be redirected to my profile page. Click SIGN UP, fill out the form and then submit. That's it! If you have questions, you can leave a comment and I will get back to you.

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk