Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Thoughts on Gratitude

Every now and then, I'd get a 'thank you' message on Facebook from people who have contacted me about oDesk and other Internet-related work. That makes me feel good. I haven't asked anyone for money. I'm not getting paid to share what I know here on my blog. I just like helping people.

If you ask me why I am doing what I doing, the answer is simple. Let me quote one of the posts that popped up on my news feed just recently.
" I learned to give not because I have many but because I know exactly how it feels to have nothing."
This is my way of giving back. I was once a working student. I worked my way to college and have never regretted turning down an academic scholarship opportunity in favor of the Scholarship Assistance Program. To make this rather long story short, I would like to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU to the people  who took me under their wing and molded me to the person who I am today: Ms. Nilda Jamili, Ms. Cathy Salcedo-Sebastian and Ms. Sarah Jane Guzon Gayat of The Scholarships Office and of course, Sir Elias Cornel, Jr., Sir Dennis Garganera, Sir Jay Rivera and Sir Nick Piornato of the ICST. I would also like to thank my manangs, manongs, batchmates and manghods. Kadamo sa inyo! Lantawa na lang kung ara kamo sa pictures. Kung wala, don't worry, duwa lang na ka butang: (1) Nawad-an ako film (2) Wala kamo sang pag-picturanay.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

How to Sign up

If you are interested to become a freelancer, just click my referral banner and you will be redirected to my profile page. Click SIGN UP, fill out the form and then submit. That's it! If you have questions, you can leave a comment and I will get back to you.

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk